New health and wellness trends seem to pop up every other day and it can be exhausting trying to research the benefits, the commitment levels and even the costs. Some have real benefits while others lean more towards the trendy aspect. The Panchakarma cleanse is a good example—it’s been getting all the buzz since actress, Busy Phillips (who seems to have a knack for being on the cutting edge of the wellness game—like attending LEKfit workout studio), has been trying it to heal her sinus pain.
Panchakarma? What is THAT?!
Rooted in 5,000+-year-old Ayurvedic medicine—Panchakarma is a Sanskrit word that means “five actions” or “five treatments”. This is a process used to clean the body of toxic materials left by disease, poor nutrition, and environmental toxins. It focuses on detoxing, rejuvenating and strengthening the body and mind. And while we aren't experts on the cleanse, it's a good reminder for us to be mindful of what we’re putting into our bodies and what we’re doing to support a healthy mind.
If you’re anything like us, you may not want to go as far as a deep, intensive cleanse like this, but you can apply a few of the principals to your own path to gaining ultimate wellness. ultimate wellness. Here’s some inspiration for things you can do yourself and reap similar benefits:
Rid your body of harmful chemicals and ingredients and be mindful of what you consume as well as what you put on your body:
- Consider swapping your beauty lineup for natural makeup.
- Replace your moisturizers with a clean alternative.
- Stay hydrated with plenty of water.
Find ways to let your body to relax into calm, allowing you to approach each day with a fresh start:
- Exercise your mind with a regular meditation practice.
- Find your ‘off’ switch and wind down with a natural helping hand.
- Book in for a CBD Massage to help you unwind and feel refreshed.
Support and strengthen your body and mind by creating healthy, sustainable habits and rituals:
- Start to train your mind and body in the practice of calm—by creating strong foundations you can stay calm amid the chaos of life.
- Consider using some high-quality essential oils on the daily.
- Exercise your body with, well, exercise! Moving your body strengthens you physically and is good for your mind.
- Reap the benefits of super-spice turmeric with these recipes.
- Restore balance with power herbs and foods like Ashwagandha and Hemp.
- Find plant-based options that support every day (and ongoing) balance and wellness.
In a world of maxed-out schedules, environmental toxins, and less-than nourishing food, more and more people are looking for holistic approaches to take care of themselves and be well. And, while the latest trends come and go, adopting habits and routines that support your body, mind, and soul with long-term wellness will simply never go out of fashion.