Sore muscles happen to all of us. Whether your muscles are sore because you haven’t gotten out of your seat in hours or because you recently worked out a little too hard, there are plenty of easy ways to alleviate that pain that spikes when you move. Here are three easy stretches that could help your sore muscles feel better in minutes.
1. Lay on the floor with your stomach down, palms facing down by your shoulders.
2. Take a deep breath while using arms to push your upper body upwards. Keep your pelvis on the floor.
3. Turn your face skyward and hold the stretch for at least twenty seconds.
4. Once finished, exhale deeply and fold into the floor, relaxing all of muscles.
Pros: Stretches sore abs, stimulates digestion, reduces stress, strengthens back muscles, and regulates breathing.
Downward Facing Dog
1. Get on your knees, with your knees directly beneath the pelvis and palms directly beneath the shoulders.
2. Exhale as you slowly move your hips upwards and straighten your legs. Be careful not to lock your knees.
3. At this point, your arms and legs should be straight like an A (see figure).
4. Breathe deeply and hold for at least ten seconds.
5. When finished, slowly bend your knees and return to starting position.
Pros: Stretches calves and hamstrings, strengthens back and shoulders, relieves stress, reduces tension in your spine, and helps with digestion.
1. Begin on your hands and knees.
2. Exhale and fold your body so that your backside is resting on your heels and your arms are outstretched.
3. Breathe deeply.
4. Sit up straight, then exhale deeply and drop your torso onto thighs. Rest your forehead gently on floor.
5. Breathe deeply and relax all muscles.
6. To finish, gently rise and rest buttocks again on heels, with your back straight.
Pros: Stretches back, knees, and thighs, relieves stress and tension, relaxes shoulders and neck, and promotes blood circulation.
These three easy stretches should work wonders for your weary muscles. Practice these poses and slather on some of Sagely’s Relief & Recovery Cream; we bet you’ll be feeling looser in minutes! If you’re new to our product, you can read more about it here.